forums | blogs | polls | tutorials | downloads | rules | help

2018 Darwin Awards.

bare_elf's picture

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
Some of the 2018 Darwin Award Winners Tongue

Bag-atelle
2018 Darwin Award Winner
Confirmed True by Darwin

(22 July 2018, New South Wales AU) The ban on shopping bags has taken a terrible toll. A 58-year-old woman was run over by her Mazda CX7 after she pulled over to check whether the grocery bags were in the trunk. The car, evidently not secured by the parking brake, ambled backwards along Ambleside Drive in Castle Hill and killed the wee woman. A little mistake, a mere bagatelle, caused such a tragedy! News reports failed to reveal whether shopping bags were, in fact, inside the vehicle.

(8 March 2018, New Jersey) A Wanaquer man died in a vehicle fire after he drove around barricade cones and onto live power wires in Franklin Lakes. A good son, Anthony G. was en-route to his father's house to shovel the driveway.
After the second nor'easter storm in a week, hundreds of thousands were left without power. Utility crews worked overtime to deal with downed trees and electric lines. Traffic snarls and frustrated motorists were everywhere.
Anthony did not want to lose time to a detour! According to police, our winner simply navigated around bright orange traffic cones warning motorists of a hazardous downed wire on Route 208.
Responding to calls, officers arrived at 9AM to find the vehicle fully engulfed in flames. A live power line was sputtering in the roadway near the vehicle. The fire totally gutted the car, and the driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Ironically this Darwin Award winner was employed as a New York City electrician.

MARCH 2018, BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND || Man suffers a fatal heart attack after getting his head stuck beneath an electric footrest at the cinema while retrieving his cellphone from the floor. DISCLAIMER: The perp died six days later, in the hospital.

APRIL 2018, GERMANY || A 71-year-old woman smoking outside a hospital died from third-degree burns after her oxygen ventilator ignited, setting fire to the plastic upholstery of her wheelchair.

MARCH 2018, ROMANIA || A 50-year-old man was hospitalized Saturday after taking home a projectile he found on the field outside his village, and pounding it with a hammer, causing an explosion. HONORABLE MENTION!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
ha

Smile Smile The Annual Darwin Awards are on my yearly reading list

Dwarf Insane Cheer