forums | blogs | polls | tutorials | downloads | rules | help

Hotfix Mod / Aranna Legacy Mod

KillerGremal's picture

I hope nobody has something against when i'm opening here a thread about the Hotfix Mod resp. Aranna Legacy Mod, but GPG's garage forum has lost all reliability and clearness due the flood of spam there. Sad

So this is more a thread to catch 'fugitives' than to start a new modding offensive. Actually I rather would say it's over, however smaller bugs/lacks probably still will be fixed.

 


Hotfix Mod, Beta 5f (18.5MB, for DS2 v2.2 only, ReadMe)

Aranna Legacy Mod, Alpha 3r (19.3MB, for DS2 v2.3/BW, ReadMe)


__________________________

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
I think the powers are

I think the powers are mostly OK. The problem with "plain damage powers" is that they actually need to do a lot of damage to compete with the more potent crowd-control powers, and the particular two (flame nexus/chain lightning) really offer subpar damage with no stun.

KillerGremal's picture
To do

czacki wrote:
Oh yeah, and training dummies stopped working Sad
Strange, not clear what happened to them, but I'll put it on the to-do list.

...and with some concerns I'm reading that powers are only attractive to use it they are bugged in order to compete with other powers, so perhaps all powers need to be rebalanced in both directions. But so far this has no priority.

Oh yeah, and training

Oh yeah, and training dummies stopped working Sad

Sounds good:) Meanwhile,

Sounds good:) Meanwhile, I've been thinking about some powers:

Chain lightning - this power gets pretty much the short stick of powers. The damage is low, it doesn't hit many targets and the short cooldown does not compensate for its lack of utility (no stun, etc). IMHO, it was actually somewhat balanced when it got bugged in one version and got casted twice (it was half a year ago or so). I'd actually reconsider making it working that way - compared to regular "damage" powers like Waves of Force it's strictly inferior. If necessary, it can get a somewhat longer cooldown if straight-out doublecast proves too strong.

Flame nexus - I recall this power being perfectly fine... when it used to ignite targets with high probability in vanilla game and old versions of this mod. However, in the current one, it seems to follow the probability given in the skill's description, ie. 20% chance. This in return makes for a rather pitiful power that doesn't stun and deals less damage than average thunderous shot/ravaging strike in addition to that. My suggestion is to make it ignite all targets it hits (100% chance) - that makes up for its lack of power and makes an amazing single player spell because burnt targets refill the power bar while taking damage. This will make up for somewhat inferior damage of the power and lack of crowd control. It also makes ignite skill (which is kinda useless atm) somewhat more relevant.

I'd also love to see Elemental Rage buffed (it really sucks after GPG nerfed it in Broken World). compared to really strong powers we have now, it no longer stands out.

It would be awesome if attack-based powers (Elemental Rage, Thunderous shots and Flurry, particularly) worked with modifiers, i.e. rapid attack, berserk - and could trigger it on their own... Out of those, Flurry doesn't really need much buffs (it's strong) but elemental rage and thunderous shots kinda suck... I really recommend to make them work with rapid A/berserk Smiling Would make a fun and strong synergy with gear.

I also noticed the workaround for crafted items (lower quality if made without recipe) works awkwardly ie. I got a Archmage's amulet from my mate (I don't have the recipe) and when I start the game it gets the "lower quality" but as soon as I pick it up and put it back in place it becomes regular power item..

Finally, Talon is still active from the start & durvlas get catapulted. Kinda sucks, because it can easilly bug the game, ending with ballista not being possible to use (fortunately saving & starting again fixes that...)

EDIT: stupid me, I just noticed flurry works well with rapid atack! Sticking out tongue thunderous shot however does not, and it's kinda poor, too..

KillerGremal's picture
To be tuned

@czacki: Thanks, I will recheck the power and spell soon.

Minor bug: Corpse shield

Minor bug: Corpse shield does not auto-cast when you have the party member that has it in spellbook selected. It does work on auto cast if you have someone else selected other than the mage that has corpse shield in the spellbook.

Tremor's AOE is too low, and

Tremor's AOE is too low, and it's a 30% chance.

At best you'll get 600-700 damage, and that requires some really weird build (like 4x ring enchanted with spectral dust, an amulet and spellbook in the same matter, just to make tremor's damage relevant).

30% chance for 600 damage = around 200 aoe damage per hit, that cannot crit.

At the same time, your guys are critting for thousands.

Tremor is badly thought, GPG really misplaced that skill.
First, intelligence and melee just doesn't work together ... To get high INT to get tremor's damage worthwile, you need to give up on lots of strength and skills in the first place (= weak melee guy)
Second, the monsters rarely group in a way to make those kind of skills useful (and when you do, you use AOE powers)
Third, for something that requires an exotic build, it has minimal impact.

Several ways to make tremor matter:

1. Buff it a lot
2. Rework it, so it takes mostly strength in consideration (more than it already does if it has been reworked already)
3. buff the AoE so it can hit stuff easier
4. Make "earth blast" enchantment affect tremor in a way, for example add a passive +50% tremor AOE buff to it

Right now I consider it one of the most useless skills, one that requires a full build around it to work and even then it works poorly.

Marco's picture
Think about this:If you are

Think about this:
If you are surrounded by enemies, Tremor damages them all.
A low damage applied to many enemies is a big damage.
So, IMOH, Tremor is not so weak and it's perfect the way it is.


__________________________

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

KillerGremal's picture
Revision probable

czacki wrote:
. . . 1. The Taclaks that are supposed to jump out of the holes in the ground don't do it, they remain stuck in those holes. Annoying because if they drop something, it's also impossible to pick down there.
2. There's still "invis Hak'u" in Haku ritial camp, one that can be heard but can't be seen or targeted.
3. Some jumping monsters (for instance Bogroots in Kithraya Caves) get confused when you step back after they jumped, they suddenly start flying backwards, then forwards again, than backwards again... looks hilarious, but is pretty weird and (obviously) bugged.
4. There's some weird notion with some melee characters - in the middle of the fight, they suddenly stop attacking to run around the monster and attack him from a different position. Pretty pointless and pretty annoying when you're playing solo or in a small party (can't they just stand in place and attack unless ordered differently?)

I also believe Tremor is still kinda useless... still needs buffs badly!

. . .

Thanks for the feedback.

1.) I've heard about this. I think monsters with a jump range of zero should be able to jump, something that the revised code doesn't support anymore.

2.) This must be a map problem. A quest depending monster that doesn't reveal correctly (or a sound emitter that doesn't turn off). I had to check this.

3.) Hm, could be in context 1.) and conflicting AI routines.

4.) This may be annoying indeed. It's a matter that already exists in the unmodded game. I wouldn't exclude though that retuned parameters or code parts may increase this matter.
Key problem is that (re)approching and hitting is one game command without much tolerance/variance concerning the ideal approach distance, and it's not really transparent which parameters have an influence here.

...and Tremor already got a remarkable boost. The radius could be retuned possibly.

Hey guys Reinstalled DS2 on

Hey guys Smiling Reinstalled DS2 on my new PC and I _finally_ can say it's playable. Still need to restart the PC to re-adjust the frame rate every 2 hours cause memory leak gets it worse and worse every hour you play. I start with 180 frames, end up with 40 or so after 2-3 hours.

Oh well, at least it works well. And the game is still one of the most fun ARPGs out there. Esp. with this mod Smiling)

some minor bugs for you, KG, if you still come here:

1. The Taclaks that are supposed to jump out of the holes in the ground don't do it, they remain stuck in those holes. Annoying because if they drop something, it's also impossible to pick down there.
2. There's still "invis Hak'u" in Haku ritial camp, one that can be heard but can't be seen or targeted.
3. Some jumping monsters (for instance Bogroots in Kithraya Caves) get confused when you step back after they jumped, they suddenly start flying backwards, then forwards again, than backwards again... looks hilarious, but is pretty weird and (obviously) bugged.
4. There's some weird notion with some melee characters - in the middle of the fight, they suddenly stop attacking to run around the monster and attack him from a different position. Pretty pointless and pretty annoying when you're playing solo or in a small party (can't they just stand in place and attack unless ordered differently?)

I also believe Tremor is still kinda useless... still needs buffs badly!

Otherwise, I'm really impressed you managed to fix almost everything I pointed out as broken/imbalanced, KG... The game is much, much less "cheesy" now and playing with a friend (single char each) is pretty fun right now.
Great job:)

KillerGremal's picture
In the Fog

Prettay Kittay wrote:
The issue with rampage not working only occurs on the people joining the lan server not the one hosting and the ability to heal other players characters is not doable with auto casting heals, but you can heal manually.
Thanks for the report, unfortunately it's a more complex matter to debug. Sad
Partially I've already examined the code in question whether where could be some kind of a multiplier/client lack but I couldn't find something strange so far... Puzzled

Rampage Mode

The issue with rampage not working only occurs on the people joining the lan server not the one hosting and the ability to heal other players characters is not doable with auto casting heals, but you can heal manually.

bare_elf's picture
Hey Prettay Kittay

Prettay Kittay wrote:
I just installed the game and added the this mod only and i can't seem to get rampage mode or anything other than mirror mode to work. My main character will move but the others will stay there. This only happens when someone else is in multiplayer with me, but works fine when I'm alone in multiplayer. We both have the mod as well.

Hi PK I am not sure what is going on with your game, however so that people can communicate with you without one of us moderators finding your comments in the approval queue, I would suggest that you register as a member. We do not always check the approval queue for comments from unregistered people.
I just happened to be bored waiting for someone to show up to replace me at work. (real world work) not here.

Elf


__________________________

**************************************************************************************************
There is no point it is all a dream someday I will wake and really screem wishing I was back in this strange little dream.

Rampage Mode

I just installed the game and added the this mod only and i can't seem to get rampage mode or anything other than mirror mode to work. My main character will move but the others will stay there. This only happens when someone else is in multiplayer with me, but works fine when I'm alone in multiplayer. We both have the mod as well.

....

firstly, the comparison with world of tanks is an apples to oranges comparison because wot is multithreaded while ds2 is not.

also, wot is a game that first came out in russian in 2010. i do not understand why u are comparing two games that came out 5 years apart and saying that the older game has rubbish code.

5 years is a big time apart and those games simply had different software tools available at the time at their disposal to make the game. therefore, the comparison with wot is a moot point.

the reason why wot runs faster is because it has been designed to run on multi-core cpus while ds2 uses older single threaded code. i do not understand how u can call it "crappy code" when u are comparing two vastly different types of code.

secondly, it has been mentioned many times before that ds2 is not stressful on the gpu and uses very little of the gpu. the bottleneck is with the cpu.

because the performance per core did not increase much from the core 2 era and due to the single threaded nature of the game, expecting 300-400 fps on a single threaded game is an unrealistic expectation and then trying to compare it with a multi-threaded game results in phailed logic. it is irrelevant how "old" the pc is or how supposedly "powerful" u think a "modern machine" is.

my guess is u have been reading too many benchmarks showing games running at insanely high frame rates. it is well known that game benchmarks do not accurately reflect real-world game performance and quite a lot of them are paid reviews meant for advertising puposes.

but since u like high fps benchmarks anyway, here's some for u to chew on. if a 1 ghz cpu can run quake 3 arena at 150 fps then why does a 3 ghz one run quake 3 arena at 400 fps? its 3 times faster in clockspeed so the game shud run 3 times faster at 450 fps!

this only goes to show that theory != practice. whatever "theories" u have on how powerful u think modern pcs are not accurately translated into practice. where is there a game that runs at 300-400 fps? how many games are there out there that can run at 300-400 fps?! not unless u are thinking of playing at 640x480 with everything off...

if u want 300-400 fps on ds2, u'd have to make a cpu that runs at 12 ghz which intel has stated is highly impossible due to the heat output and energy required.

so with the performance per core of multi-core cpus being around the ballpark figure of a 4-6 ghz single core, thinking of playing ds2 at 300-400 fps is only a dream. an inception... Sticking out tongue

Lady Femme wrote:however,

Lady Femme wrote:
however, with all that, i must warn that a few of you are expecting unrealistic frame rates from this game. u are expecting a minimum frame rate of 60fps all the time which is an unrealistic expectation for any game... even if u put the cpu under water cooling at 4.5ghz, u are unlikely to sustain 60fps all the time. around 30-40fps is already very good for this game. i remember one of the gpg devs saying before that this game engine is never meant to run at high frame rates.

You must be really joking. On a typical modern PC worth about 1000$, you'll get 70-80 fps of games like World of Tanks CONSTANTLY. We're talking about extremely old game here, developed for hardware significantly weaker than modern smartphones even, reaching 60 fps shouldn't take more than a few percent of graphics card and less than fifty from a single core. Either your PC is very old, or you didn't really noticed how powerful modern machines are.

Which leads me back to a simple conclusion that the game's code is simply terrible and refuses to work with new machines, something that was extremely common for 1997 games when you tried to make them work on windows XP and such, but by all means is a sad joke for a 2005 game developed by Microsoft and GPG, no less.

It's easily the only game that makes any sort of performance problems on a modern machine that I can think about. With FPS limit off, it should easily get to 300-400 fps simply because of how old it is. That kind of graphic shpuld be a breeze even for 5 year old graphic cards and simpliest processors.

ds2 hates hyper threading

another thing i noticed is that ds2 doesnt like running with hyper threading enabled. disabling hyper threading in the bios squeezes out a few more fps and disabling vsync in the ini file can help quite a bit too.

also, ds2 seems to favour pure ghz on both the cpu and ram. so at least a 3 ghz cpu is recommended.

also a correction: i think an amd athlon 64 x2 3800+ runs at 2ghz NOT 2.4ghz as stated by marco. please check this list of cpus here.

as u can see there are many revisions of the athlon 64 x2 3800+ but all of them run at 2ghz. i think u have confused the single core version (which runs at 2.4ghz) with the dual core one.

also, for the recent cpus using ddr3 ram, the ram shud be at least 1.6ghz or faster if u use the standard normal value ram. if u use gaming grade low latency ram like voty, then u can get away with running it at 1333mhz.

however, with all that, i must warn that a few of you are expecting unrealistic frame rates from this game. u are expecting a minimum frame rate of 60fps all the time which is an unrealistic expectation for any game... even if u put the cpu under water cooling at 4.5ghz, u are unlikely to sustain 60fps all the time. around 30-40fps is already very good for this game. i remember one of the gpg devs saying before that this game engine is never meant to run at high frame rates.

dragonxsiege, i suggest u try disabling vsync with the vsync=false parameter in the ini file. the nvidia drivers by default seem to enable vsync for bw which is bad for the frame rates. i believe bare elf and darkelf do not have the same problem with their nvidia cards because i know they have vsync disabled.

Marco's picture
As I said, my graphic card

As I said, my graphic card is sleeping, and barely wake up with max antialiasing, anisotropic filtering etc... These setting doesn't impact at all on the performance.
Problem is like you said, the CPU cores. Running with one core only raise my FPS to 40!


__________________________

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

KillerGremal's picture
Multi-care CPUs

DragonxSiege wrote:
as far as i know, this DS2 game only need a single core processor and "game developer" didn't make a good architecture game engine for multi-core procesor, and that explain why an average modern multicore processor with low clock speed (like i3 2330M @2.20Ghz) suffering the most when playing this game, because 2.20Ghz/4 core = 0.55 Ghz . . .
Hm, let me rethink a moment, doesn't have a quad-core CPU labelled with 2200MHz have 4 cores, each running at 2200MHz!? So I've thought an AMD 3800X X2 has two cores, each of them running at ~2400MHz.

 

Marco wrote:
My old computer was an AMD x64 3800+ Dual Core, @ 2.40Ghz per core, 2,5 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 210 GTX, running with Win XP at the beginning and Win7 after some years. With either OS, my frame rate was a completely disaster in a medium scale battle (5 team members Vs 3-4 enemies). And during the winter the CPU temperature was always low, so no heat problem.

With my new PC, an Intel Core i3 2330M dual core with hyper-threading (so 4 virtual cores), @2.20Ghz, 4 Gb, GeForce GT 635M, I can just play it with 20 Fps, but drop to 12-15 in the bigger battles.
. . .

Some people posted that the game would actually run better if you force it to use one CPU core only, and perhaps you should try this once as well.
I can't exactly say how this works on your Windows version, however there are also freeware tools to help you here.
Generally you also may check/lower the graphic settings, eg. 2x Anti-Aliasing instead of 4x or deactivating anisotrop filtering at all.
 

jk

or you can buy old single core system Twisted evil


__________________________

youtube.com/votypeks

reply to marco, bare_elf, and voty

as far as i know, this DS2 game only need a single core processor and "game developer" didn't make a good architecture game engine for multi-core procesor, and that explain why an average modern multicore processor with low clock speed (like i3 2330M @2.20Ghz) suffering the most when playing this game, because 2.20Ghz/4 core = 0.55 Ghz

and thats why bare_elf with her AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.9GHz (single core) had a better fps..

and know voty said that his (Phenom II x6 1045t OC to 3,2Ghz"), had a stable 60 fps..
theoritically, 3.2Ghz/6 core = 0.53Ghz

i'm skeptical now,, because i'm not an expert Happy
----------------------
edit:
but, voty has a HD 7870 2GB, and that absolutely overkill DS2

conclusion :
IMHO you need a high-end system to play this game pure 60fps with max setting + enhanced visual quality (on graphic card) for the best maximum enjoyment...

my spec

Im running right now on Phenom II x6 1045t OC to 3,2Ghz,HD 7870 2GB Windforce,8GB Crucial Ballistix 1333Mhz,Windows 7 64bit and stable 60fps.
I guess my setup is compatible with game engine.
Try to disable Aero,Run game as Administrator,Add some startup parameters (nospacecheck maybe ? )
Or you can try to play game in virtual Windows XP (Some guy from GPG recommended me this one but im not sure)


__________________________

youtube.com/votypeks

Marco's picture
My old computer was an AMD

My old computer was an AMD x64 3800+ Dual Core, @ 2.40Ghz per core, 2,5 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 210 GTX, running with Win XP at the beginning and Win7 after some years.
With either OS, my frame rate was a completely disaster in a medium scale battle (5 team members Vs 3-4 enemies).
And during the winter the CPU temperature was always low, so no heat problem.

With my new PC, an Intel Core i3 2330M dual core with hyper-threading (so 4 virtual cores), @2.20Ghz, 4 Gb, GeForce GT 635M, I can just play it with 20 Fps, but drop to 12-15 in the bigger battles.

I'm not an expert, but I guess that more power won't make any noticeable difference, if something bad has been made in the game engine.

If you say your PC doesn't suffer these problems, I don't have any possible answer. Maybe it's the OS, maybe it's your specific hardware configuration which somehow is extremely compatible with DS...


__________________________

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

bare_elf's picture
quite true Marco

Marco wrote:
Low FPS problem is not always caused by graphic. It could be caused by a CPU overload. Or even a heat problem. In the past, the game gave me the same problem.

With a performance monitor, I saw my NVidia was literally sleeping, while the CPU usage was at 99-100% and the temperature was just below the max limits. Then I noticed the game was fast at the beginning, just after loading the game.
I did some tests and I discovered a little (barely noticeable) slowdown after the natural mage cast the first buff, and a bigger slowdown when she cast the second buff. After the third buff (a third one is possible thanks to a setting coming with Aranna Legacy), the FPS dropped below 15. Can't immagine with 4 buffs...
So, for some reason, applying too much buffs on the party caused an huge slowdown on my game.
Don't know if the problem is a bad handling of the buffs by the game, but for me, avoid too much buffs solved the problem.

PS (Yes, increase the buffs limit to 4 is possible...)


Hi Marco
You are correct in that Dungeon Siege of all types can become CPU intensive, however I find it hard to believe that a system running a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70Ghz and - 2GB ram would have frame rate issues when my old computer does not appear to. I mean my processor is single core and half the speed and I have 1/4 the ram. I am also running quite a few more mods than most people would find sane.

Elf


__________________________

**************************************************************************************************
There is no point it is all a dream someday I will wake and really screem wishing I was back in this strange little dream.

Marco's picture
Low FPS problem is not

Low FPS problem is not always caused by graphic. It could be caused by a CPU overload. Or even a heat problem.
In the past, the game gave me the same problem.

With a performance monitor, I saw my NVidia was literally sleeping, while the CPU usage was at 99-100% and the temperature was just below the max limits. Then I noticed the game was fast at the beginning, just after loading the game.
I did some tests and I discovered a little (barely noticeable) slowdown after the natural mage cast the first buff, and a bigger slowdown when she cast the second buff. After the third buff (a third one is possible thanks to a setting coming with Aranna Legacy), the FPS dropped below 15. Can't immagine with 4 buffs...
So, for some reason, applying too much buffs on the party caused an huge slowdown on my game.
Don't know if the problem is a bad handling of the buffs by the game, but for me, avoid too much buffs solved the problem.

PS (Yes, increase the buffs limit to 4 is possible...)


__________________________

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

bare_elf's picture
DragonxSiege the FPS

Hi,
One of the systems I test mods on is configured as follows (I use this old system to verify that mods work on the older systems.
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.9GHz
512 MB Ram
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
The drivers for all of my perferials are current
The only problem I have ever encountered is Windows telling me "stupid elf you need more memory".I have never encountered an issue with the games, breaking up, skipping, freezing or other things associated with the video. When I measure the fps using the program Fraps I average right around 44 frames per second, no matter what I am doing. So I am at a lose as to why you are having an issue with FPS unless it is like DarkElf noted that you do not have a current driver for your video card.

.Elf


__________________________

**************************************************************************************************
There is no point it is all a dream someday I will wake and really screem wishing I was back in this strange little dream.

Darkelf's picture
2GB ram?

2GB ram? and xp interesting sounds like that may be the problem, I use a gt430 and broken world runs fine for me on a dual core. also make sure your video card drivers are up to date.


__________________________

So it has been written, and so it shall cometh to pass! Quothe The Darkelf, forevermore!

bare_elf's picture
It could be that your video card needs to be added.

DragonxSiege wrote:
the FPS is still the same after doing a new fresh installation.. (no mod installed) 20-45 FPS for BW (2.30), and maybe 45-60 FPS for v2.20 (with the same setting)..

with the same video/graphic setting :
in v2.20, fps is always 60 (no frame drop), when fighting monster inside cave/dungeon,
but
in BW(2.30), the fps is still 20-45, no matter where the fighting is,,
I DONT KNOW WHY..????

looks like that this game is really need a high-end PC (processor),
i dont want to play this game now, because playing DS2 not in 60 fps is wrong...
MAYBE will start playing again after buying a new PC.. T_T

if you curious, this is my system spec:
- Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70Ghz
- 2GB ram
- nvidia geforce gt 440
- win XP sp3

"there is no fps improvement playing in 1360x768 or 1024x768"
DS2 readme file is a lie, it says 1.0 ghz or equivalent processor is needed, but the truth is even my dual core cpu can't handle it properly, does it need i5 or i7 maybe...

thanks for reply bare_elf Smiling


Your system if far better than the one I use to play Broken World on. Remember that the Dungeon Siege Games where released before the video card you are using was created so it may not be included in the system detail gas file. I would suggest you search the site here as both KillerGremal and Lady Femme talk about the frame rate problem and if I recall correctly they both explain how to update things for your video card.

Elf


__________________________

**************************************************************************************************
There is no point it is all a dream someday I will wake and really screem wishing I was back in this strange little dream.

reply to bare_elf

the FPS is still the same after doing a new fresh installation.. (no mod installed)
20-45 FPS for BW (2.30), and maybe 45-60 FPS for v2.20 (with the same setting)..

with the same video/graphic setting :
in v2.20, fps is always 60 (no frame drop), when fighting monster inside cave/dungeon,
but
in BW(2.30), the fps is still 20-45, no matter where the fighting is,,
I DONT KNOW WHY..????

looks like that this game is really need a high-end PC (processor),
i dont want to play this game now, because playing DS2 not in 60 fps is wrong...
MAYBE will start playing again after buying a new PC.. T_T

if you curious, this is my system spec:
- Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @2.70Ghz
- 2GB ram
- nvidia geforce gt 440
- win XP sp3

"there is no fps improvement playing in 1360x768 or 1024x768"
DS2 readme file is a lie, it says 1.0 ghz or equivalent processor is needed, but the truth is even my dual core cpu can't handle it properly, does it need i5 or i7 maybe...

thanks for reply bare_elf Smiling

bare_elf's picture
Broken World should be version 2.3

DragonxSiege when broken world starts does it say the version is 2.3? -- Does broken world lag when you have no mods installed? Remember that mods installed in the DS2 resources folder are read and used when You start or play a game in broken world. It is possible that some mod in the DS2 resources folder is causing a conflict and slowing things down. KillerGremal noted that HotFix and Aranna Legacy have a conflict. So This is what I would do to discover why Broken World is lagging more than DS2.

1. Disable all mods in both the DS2 resources folder and broken world resources folder. You can turn off a mod by renaming the file extention from DS2RES to DS2RES.OFF or anything else so that the game engine can not see it. You can also make a folder within both resouces folders called something like "not active" "mods" and move the mods there so you can do a bit of testing.
2. Start broken world with NO mods and look at the speed. If speed problem is fixed add back into your broken world resources folder just Aranna Legacy and do nothing with the DS2 resources folder. If the speed problem remains Let us know.
3. If speed issue is cured with just aranna legacy installed add back in your other mods ONE AT A TIME and do the same test and let us know the result.

Elf


__________________________

**************************************************************************************************
There is no point it is all a dream someday I will wake and really screem wishing I was back in this strange little dream.